Marketing Lead Generation – 12 secret tips attract more leads
12 More Awesome Tips on Lead Generation Systems and Direct Marketing Strategies.
1. Pick up the phone and call.
Speaking about the phone, just call current customers and say thanks for your business. You’d be surprised at what this does for your lead generation program. You don’t need to sell anything, just thank customers and ask if you can help with anything or provide any information they may have questions about. For best results, offer
In the insurance industry lead generation is often just a FREE policy review away. In both the financial community and the insurance industry, a free portfolio or policy review is one of my favorite offers. And quotes are always the first line item preceding a sale.
2. Go back to school.
School events can help even if you don’t have kids.
For financial lead generation programs, or insurance lead generation strategies, don’t forget to help out with school programs: build credibility and trust when you take out ads in the yearbook, play programs, school events. People naturally trust firms who work with kids, and their kid’s schools. School ads are always inexpensive and are generally tightly focused to a neighborhood, which you’ve probably targeted as your own local market. And you remember who likes to shop in their own back yard? Yea, I thought so. Everyone.
3. If your market is geographically tight, get active in the local scene. Go to area meetings and join community associations. Join the township board, or get on some committees. Go to business events. People trust people they can look in the eye and they can do that at local events. And the business goes to people with… a high degree of visibility and accessibility. Applause. OK you guys with high visibility and accessibility – step forward. Thanks.
4. Stop pushing products. Most businesses are based on a relationship, lead generation strategies are the beginning of this relationship. Start prompting people to call you with questions, for answers or for additional information. Become the informational resource.
Once they’re on the phone with you, it’s all you baby, it’s all you. Unleash that magnetic personality. You do have a magnetic personality, don’t you? Sigh… me neither. Oh well… put them on your mailing list and mail to them all the time, like I do. You do have a mailing list, don’t you?
5. Design your Lead Generation Program with the correct objectives.
The best lead generation programs can do is generate warm phone calls – then it’s all up to you to create a relationship (aka create a client) when the phone rings. So…
6. Make the phone ring
Create an ad, a press release or send a direct mail piece, post card or letter. Continuous active marketing is crucial to new business.
7. Make FREE Offers.
The best way to generate phone calls with these lead generation printed pieces is to Offer Free Booklets of helpful information.
The titles drive the response – the better the title, the greater the response. Simple as that.
Better yet, in the center of your letter or post card, show a punchy bulleted list of compelling booklet titles readers can get FREE, if they just call now! Keep in mind, if just one title is a “Must Have!” you’ll get a call. The better the titles, the more calls you’ll get.
8. Build trust. Offer a range of FREE informational services along with your FREE booklets. This will make people call, and put you on their radar of “helpful people to call” when they need something.
For example, FREE quotes, FREE policy review, FREE portfolio reviews, FREE drop off and pick up; FREE Seminars, FREE book, “FREE FREE FREE… just pick up the phone and call now!” If you can’t bury the cost of giving away a free book to activate an account, you’re doing something wrong.
9. Track lead generation strategies back to the source. Keep a count of new customers acquired through each marketing channel in your lead generation program. Next year when you do it all again you’ll know where to start – at the highest new customer acquisition level.
10. Keep clients for life. Simply deliver the service you said you would, at the time you said you would deliver it. And then thank clients for their business. Yes. Simple as that. So…
11. Don’t forget to send a letter thanking clients for their business a couple of times a year. They never get tired of this, and they don’t get it from companies who don’t care. It sets your firm apart from those.
12. Hey, did I mention books make great business gifts. Certain books. Especially the ones that show how your clients can get more business in these tough economic times. Hey, did I mention my books can show you how to get more business for yourself in these tough times? Three of the best marketing books in the world: “How To Market A Product for Under $500”, “Uncommon Marketing Techniques”, and “Direct Marketing Strategies”. They’re awesome. Get them at Amazon.
Bio, Jeffrey DobkinIf you’re struggling with poor response — get help by reading practical marketing tips. Receive articles you can trust by Jeffrey Dobkin. Dobkin has written 4 books on direct marketing including How To Market a Product For Under $55. He can be reached at 610-642-1000. Read more of his articles at http://www.danielleadams.com